Having recruited Glenn Hunter as editor last year, Dallas CEO stepped up the competition this month by covering areas traditionally in the purview of the American City Business Journal weeklies, i.e., Dallas Business Journal, Austin Business Journal, San Antonio Business Journal and Houston Business Journal.
D CEO placed Phillip Jones, the Dallas Convention and Visitors Bureau chief, on its cover, with the headline "Selling Texas." The mag discussed commercial real estate investments and offered readers the best commercial real estate brokers. Not surprisingly, the magazine contained a special ad supplement called "50 Years of Downtown Dallas."
Austin Fit Magazine
Featuring a surprising amount of business coverage, this month's cover story featured Joe Vitale, but the real star is Austin-area Ronn Motors and its Scorpion supercar, which purportedly offers 450 horsepower, 40 miles to the gallon, and nearly zero emissions. The magazine also features an interview with the Scorpion inventor and creator Ronn Maxwell.
A concisely written feature story on alga biofuel. Article mentions PetroSun, an Arizona-based energy company with developing an algae-to-biofuel facility in Rio Hondo, Texas, near Brownsville. (Sidenote: According to the article, Cotinental Airlines was the first U.S. commercial airline to conduct a demonstration flight partly powered by alternative fuels.) .:.
TexasTriangle Twitter Feed
Capital City's changing horizon
Austin Fit Magazine has developed an interactive online project illustrating what the Capital will look like after nearly a dozen new skyscrapers are completed. Very cool. .:.
Graduate students from Texas A&M established a blog this week to make their 2008 study available for public consumption.
Entitled "Texas Urban Triangle:Framework for Future Growth," the study was funded by a grant from the Southwest Universities Transportation Consortium (SWUTC).
Professors Michael Neuman and Elise Bright oversaw creation of the report, which weighs in at 141 pages. The full report is downloadable in sections or in full at http://texasurbantriangle.tamu.edu/.
The site describes the next stage of development for the long-term project as developing a tool to "aid policy and investment decision making regarding future urban development and infrastructure."
Welcome to the party..:.
- ► 2007 (64)
- ► 2008 (9)
- ▼ 04/12 - 04/19 (3)
.:. The Big Picture
- Texas Almanac [by Dallas Morning News]
- Texas Gazetter
- The Handbook of Texas Online
- Cities (6k+ residents)
- Cities (1k-6k residents)
- School Profiles
- State of TX Biz Portal
- TX Secretary of State
- TX Economy [State Comptroller]
- TX Economy & Growth Database
- Energy in Texas [May 2008]
- Dallas Beige Book [11th District Economic Outlook]
- Houston Business [Dallas Fed Quarterly]
- Economic & Technology Outlook [Austin]
- Federal Reserve-Dallas
.:.Lone Star Enterprises
.:. Square Feet
- Houston -Emporis.com [886 bldgs]
- Dallas - Emporis.com [500 bldgs]
- Austin - Emporis.com [441 bldgs]
- San Antonio - Emporis.com [230 bldgs]
- Fort Worth - Emporis.com [150 bldgs]
- Irving - Emporis.com [69 bldgs]
- Galveston - Emporis.com [64 bldgs]
- Arlington - Emporis.com [31 bldgs]
- Richardson - Emporis.com [18 bldgs]
- Plano - Emporis.com [9 bldgs]
.:.Business Media Sources
- 210 - All Media
- 210 ... Business South Texas Magazine
- 210 ... San Antonio Business Journal
- 210 ... SanAntonioStartups.com
- 214 - All Media
- 214 - Dallas CEO Magazine
- 214 ... Dallas Business Journal
- 214 ... DallasStartups.com
- 325 ... AbileneStartups.com
- 512 - All Media
- 512 ... Austin Business District Magazine
- 512 ... Austin Business Journal
- 512 ... AustinStartup.com
- 512 ... Texas: The McCombs School of Business Magazine
- 713 - All Media
- 713 ... 002 Magazine
- 713 ... H Texas Magazine
- 713 ... Houston Business Journal
- 713 ... StartupHouston
- 817 ... Fort Worth Business Press
- 817 ... FortWorthStartups.com
- 972 ... Collin County Business Press
- Texas Magazine
- Texas Monthly